Star Quality Resources® is an online, on-demand professional development program that is specifically designed for teachers who are preparing students to take the following STAAR® End-of-Course (EOC) Exams: Algebra 1, Biology, English I and II, and U.S. History as well as Algebra 2 and English III exams slated to begin in spring 2016. Developed by renowned Texas trainers, Star Quality Resources consists of strategic techniques, downloadable lessons, and student handouts that are ready for immediate use and designed for student success and improved scores.
Approved by TEA for 15 hours of CPE Credit, each course is specifically aligned with TEKS and includes twenty-four instructional videos built upon proven strategies and techniques that teachers can utilize with their students.
Every reporting category in the series includes a video reviewing sample multiple-choice problems, Teacher Notes, a Student Galaxy of “Think Sheets,” and Multiple-Choice exercises that emulate the actual exams. Texas Master teachers, with proven and recognized success, author and present these workshops in an interactive multimedia/video format.
Teachers may view and review the Star Quality workshops as they plan, prepare, and pace their course’s scope and sequence. The presentations are designed for teachers, yet are student-centered, offering strategic approaches to teaching specific skills and concepts.
Presentations are optimized for viewing on Microsoft® Windows, Apple® Mac®OS, Linux® as well as iPad®, iPhone®/iPod®, AndroidTM, and BlackBerry® mobile devices.
Teacher and Administrator Benefits
- Specifically Aligned with TEKS and Arranged by EOC Readiness/Supporting Standards
- Created and Presented by Texas Master Teachers
- No Travel Costs
- No Substitute Costs
- Optional Administrative Tool to be Able to Extend Professional Development Credit (monitors by time and content)
- No Lost Instructional Time
- Relevant to Specific Subject/Course – No More Long Days of Generic Workshops
- A Tool Designed to Develop or Foster Master Teachers
- Q&A Section for OnDemand Assistance
- Convenient to Teacher Schedules
- Content and Strategies for New Teachers
- New Instructional Tools for Veteran Teachers
- Quick and Easy Online Access from School or Home
Subscriptions are simple to begin for individuals, teams, departments, campuses, or an entire district.
The Center for Educational ReVision (“CerV”), a Texas 501(c)3, CerV exists to provide innovative professional development to teachers. Star Quality Resources is the organization’s latest development designed to meet the expectations and the challenges of the EOC.
STAAR® is a registered trademark and service mark owned by the Texas Education Agency.